Monday 18 August 2008

Getting a bit tardy with the writers log - I did 23 hours the week before last (And I was planning on having an easy week!) Only 17 hours last week, but I had to help my sister move on Saturday, which is my usually my Big Writing Day.

I’ve been mainly working on Digital Shorts proposal (South West Screen had a (very) late call for applications after another project fell through) Now I’m focusing on my vaguely Apatow-esque currently-between-titles romantic comedy (vacbtromcom for short) It‘s (very loosely) based on the first feature script I ever wrote. I‘ve been meaning to rewrite it for ages - If I hadn’t got onto the Metlab scheme with another script, I'd have written it last year. It’s been nagging at me, popping into my head and jumping up and down squealing ‘write me! write me.’ I’ve been telling it, shh maybe later - I don’t have time.

There are a few competition deadlines in September, including the rise films summer challenge on the 26th, so I’ve decided to go for that . Okay, it wont be a fantastically polished draft, but at least the deadline gives me something to focus on - I know the characters, I know where the story is going (though not necessarily how to get there!) and I’ve got about 4 weeks to write it.

Starting…now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

a far away city, I love this idea :-)
Sircharles