Saturday, 3 November 2007
Memed by Lucy. Okay Five things I’m proud of but others would consider lame. Lucky the question wasn’t Five things I’m NOT proud of but others would (rightly) consider lame!
1) I am a Doctor Who fan. A Sci fi geek. Trouble is, that’s no longer something to be ashamed of. The geeks have inherited the Earth! I remember buying DWM in WHSmiths just after the first new series had aired, and the young lady on the till saying “Dr Who?” in a voice that I took to mean *sad!* before continuing: “When‘s it coming back then?” Wasn’t it better when these things were secret guilty pleasures? Well, no. As The Smiths said, them were rotten days.*
2) I stayed in and watched Music and Lyrics with The Girlfriend last weekend. Now I could say I tolerated it for her sake, but the truth is: I liked it. I even cried a little bit at the end. Oh yes. And I was sober. I don’t mind Rom Coms anyway. Why are lame films about lurve considered, well… lame, but lame films about killing people are cool? Don’t get me wrong, I like both, but who decides these things? And why do we listen to them??
3) I prefer staying in with The Girlfriend watching lame Hugh Grant movies** to going out these days. Yes, I am old and boring, and (nearly) old enough not to care.
4) I am happier working than “chilling” - Arnopp blogged about this somewhere here and he’s right. Me get bored when have nothing to do. Me like to work. Me trying to convince myself of this as will have to get paid work soon.
5) I will kill again. Only joking. or am I?? Wha-ha-ha-ha-ha!
Right, I meme Stuart , Jon, Oli, Pillock and Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. Or Robin if any of the above are too busy appeasing any human rights abusing tyrannical Oligarchs.
* being a Smiths fan - also no longer lame.
** Not exclusively Hugh Grant films, I mean I wouldn’t want you to think that I’m some huge Hugh Grant fetishist, I mean I‘ve only dabbled a few times, ok? I can control it, it’s not a big thing. Why are you all looking at me like that??