Sunday 22 July 2007

COMP-O-MANIA!

Screenwriting competitions, don’t ya just love ’em?

The BSSC is my main hope, I‘ve got two scripts entered, and I‘d be really, really disappointed if they both did nothing after getting to the semis last year (did I mention that?) My fantasy epic DRAGONS is entered in NICHOL, PAGE INTERNATIONAL, and SCRIPTAPALOOZA, more in hope than expectation, and I’ve got Short Stories entered for the SFX PULP IDOL comp, the BRIDPORT PRIZE, and the WRITERS BUREAU COMPETITION (Also entered some bloody awful poetry in the latter two!)

I’ve already failed miserably in the EUROSCRIPT, MAKE YOUR MARK IN FILM and BLUECAT comps this year, but I’m focusing now on polishing for the snappily titled SOUTH WEST SCREEN SCREENWRITER DEVELOPMENT COMPETITION, and the inevitable RED PLANET.

Also a new entry - the DIGITAL SHORTS scheme, thanks to LUCY - the trouble is they want scripts for films under 10 minutes (and ideally 5 or under) and all my shorts/ideas for shorts seem to run longer, so gonna have to write something from scratch.

So anyone else entered in/entering any of the above? Or got any leads on upcoming comps they want to share? (Check out Light and Shade for all the leads) Anyone out there had any successes in comps they want to share? And did anything come of it?


COMPETITIONS/ BSSC/ POETRY/ DRAGONS

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I've got something in for BSSC and am applying for funding from the London Borough Production scheme, but that's it at the moment! I'll be putting something in for Red Planet though. Can't miss that one.

Unknown said...

NICE BLOG!!!
Distance Education Center : SSK COLLEGE
B Tech Through Distance Education in Chennai
M.Tech Distance Learning
B.Tech Correspondence in india
MBA Distance Learning Programs
MCA Distance Education in India Approved by AICTE